Bird & Dog Journal is a recreational literary journal with which offers APU/AMU students, faculty, and alumni a chance to share their creative writing.
DEADLINE FOR SUMMER 2021 EDITION:
APRIL 30TH, 2021
- One submission per category
- You may submit one submission for each category.
- Previously published pieces (on-campus or outside publisher) are NOT accepted (copyright reasons).
Fiction/Non-Fiction (short stories):
Fiction and non-fiction short stories are to be no more than 2,000 words. Avoid fancy or boldlettering, free of grammatical and typographical errors, and have the title be no more than 4 spaces down from page.
Poems are limited to up to 3 poems, all put into one document. Create a new page for each poem within the same document. Each poem should not exceed 1,000 words. Avoid fancy or bold lettering, free of grammatical and typographical errors, and have the title be no more than 4 spaces down from page.
Literary & Rhetoric Essays:
Literary essays are to be no more than 2,000 words (excluding works cited). Essays must follow MLA format (Modern Language Association) as defined by the latest MLA Handbook. Avoid fancy or bold lettering, free of grammatical and typographical errors, and have the title be no more than 4 spaces down from page.
- Microsoft Word Document (doc or docx.)
- 12′ Times New Roman font
- Double-spaced (MLA Format if applicable) *not for poems*
- Title is centered (no more than 4 spaced down from page)
- Save document titled as: (your last name, category) (e.g: Jenkins, Poetry)
Submissions will be e-mailed as an attachment to email@example.com. In the e-mail, please provide
- Format piece in a Microsoft Word Document (doc. or docx.)
- E-mail submission as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In e-mail, please state your name, a short bio about yourself, and what category you submission is for. At the end, be sure to add a preferable e-mail for further contact.
Subject: Bird and Dog Literary Journal
Greetings Alpha Chi Tau Editorial Team,
My name is Megan Jenkins and I am a current student at American Military (Public) University. I am submitting my poems for the poetry category of the Bird and Dog Journal.
Short Bio: My name is Megan Jenkins and I am pursuing a Bachelors of Arts in English with a concentration in Writing and a minor in International Relations at AMU. I love to write poetry, sit in cafés, and learn foreign languages (Russian at the moment).
Thank you for your time and consideration, my contact information is below.
Attachment: (Jenkins, Poems)
For questions or request for more information, please refer to the contact page or e-mail email@example.com.
Deadline: April 30th, 2021
*as of June’20*
*Important Info.: Submissions past the deadline are accepted; however, submissions will not be published (if accepted) within that issue. Submissions made past the deadline will be considered for future publications.*
LEGAL DISCLAIMER (October 2020) : Bird and Dog creative literary journal does not own the copyrights to the authors’ works. All rights reserved to the original authors. Furthermore, images used were discovered and used under the Free Media License Agreement. All rights reserved to the original photographers.
Future publications’ legal agreement are subject to change.